Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Chin
Dr. Cynthia Chin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY, with other offices in White Plains, NY and West Harrison, NY (and 2 other locations). Her specialties include Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Chin is affiliated with Mt Sinai Hospital, White Plains Hospital Medical Center and Metropolitan Hospital Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Chin has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
From the moment I scheduled my appointment with Dr Chin I knew I was in the right place. It all started with her office staff who were friendly, accommodating and extremely helpful. When I had surgery, of course I was scared, but Dr Chin put all of my fears to rest. She explained everything thoroughly and in language that was easy to understand. She did not use "doctor talk" and answed all of my family's questions. During the hospital stay I was constantly informed about what was happening and why. Dr Chin and her staff made me feel safe in a very scary situation. YOU COULD NOT BE IN BETTER HANDS!!!!!
Dr. Chin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mt Sinai Hospital
White Plains Hospital Medical Center
Metropolitan Hospital Center
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
St Josephs Medical Center
St Vincents Hospital And Medical Center Manhattan
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia Chin in this video.
Dr. Cynthia Chin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.