Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Santiago
Dr. Cynthia Santiago, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Port Jefferson Station, NY. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Santiago is affiliated with John T Mather Memorial Hospital. Dr. Santiago has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Santiago has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Cynthia Santiago has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Cynthia Santiago has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cynthia Santiago is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
When my husband and I moved back to Long Island from North Carolina, we were looking for a PCP. Both my husband and I are very grateful that we found Dr. Santiago. She is the most compassionate PCP I have ever met. She truly cares about her patients and goes above and beyond for them. She is very direct which is great, because you know what is going on and she will get to the bottom of any problems you may have. She is very persistent in making sure that you follow up with your appointments. I would highly recommend Dr. Santiago to anyone!!!! As far as her staff is concerned, they are absolutely wonderful and very professional!!!
Dr Santiago is by far one of the best doctors I have ever been too! She is straight-forward and thorough. She honestly cares about her patients and their life. The wait time at her office is not long at all (unless there is an emergency, which we all know happens in life). I will recommend her to any of my family and friends. She makes it comfortable havin to go to the doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Santiago is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Cynthia Santiago accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Ocean Family Medicine, 5 Roosevelt Ave, Port Jefferson Station, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia Santiago in this video.
Dr. Cynthia Santiago is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Port Jefferson Station, NY.