Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Cynthia Smyth
Dr. Cynthia Smyth, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Seattle, WA, with other offices in Seattle, WA and Seattle, WA . She has 20 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Smyth is affiliated with Swedish Medical Center - First Hill. She speaks English.
Dr. Cynthia Smyth has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Women's Health
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr. Smyth is an incredible physician. She has wonderful bedside manner, as she's very compassionate and understanding. She's very intelligent and makes more accurate diagnoses than I've received at other doctors. I feel super fortunate to have found her honestly, and I'm for sure going to keep her as my GP and recommend her to my friends! Also, I've literally never ever waited at the Polyclinic to see Dr Smyth and I'm in-and-out super quickly (but never quicker than I'd like!). Absolutely perfect experience, I was shocked :)
No follow up, I was asked my weight and height instead of receiving a full consultation. Guess what? I was still billed the full amount. I wish Medical professionals would act as medical professionals and not treat their patients as business prospects. Advice to Dr Smyth: do a thorough evaluation and do instruct people experiencing chest pains to walk out of the clinic. Perhaps offer an explanation or diagnosis as to what may be causing the chest pains. I have to go to a different doctor now and I still have to pay this bill. Subpar at best
Dr. Smyth is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Swedish Medical Center - First Hill
20 Years Experience
Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1993
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cynthia Smyth in this video.
Dr. Cynthia Smyth is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.