Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cynthia M Wesley has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
Showing 5 of 29
This doctor talkyd me into having a surgery done that I had been told by family to jave a second opinion on before going straight to surgery. On the morning of my surgery, Dr. Wesley was almost 2 hours late. I had to call her medical office just to have her paged to find where she was. Almost 30 minutes later, she made a quick appearance in my room, and only told me about how long the surgery would take (she said no more than 30 minutes). I was in surgery for almost 2 hours! After my surgery, Dr. Wesley just disappeared. She never came to check in on me or anything. A few days after my surgery, I began to have major pains and other issues at surgery site. I contacted her office and the receptionist had told me that they were completely booked up and that Dr. Wesley tells all of her post op patients to go to the ER if they begin to have problems bad enough to be seen (Seriously!) I had problems all tbe way up until my post op appointment. I waited in the waiting room for almost an hour before being called back. Once put in a room, I was told to fully strip down and put on a gown, so I did. After maybe 30 minutes of waiting, Dr. Wesley came into my room, only maybe 3 steps into the room. She told me she didn't know why they had me undress and that I was "good to go". I asked her was she not supposed to check the surgery site and she said no, that she was sure I was fine...even after all the calls I had made to her leading up to this point. She handed me a pamphlet on birth control and walked out of the room. That was it. I have been having problems since then, and have contacted her office several times and they always say they are booked up for the next few weeks and refer me to the local hospital. I have been to the ER 3 times since then and have still not figured out why I am still bleeding and having pain. I do not recommend this doctor to anyone. She is sweet, but does not take her job seriously and definitely lacks concern for her patients!!
I can't believe some of the negative reviews below and I have to wonder if they were all not written by the same person. I am nearly 60 years old and have had several health issues over the years and have seen many doctors, many specialists. This woman was one of the most concerned, understanding, caring doctors I've ever dealt with. She has helped me immensely with my issues and always explains things well, to my understanding. Always a smile, too. I know a smile isn't about how good a doctor she is but it makes me feel more at ease. I have had 4 or 5 gynecologists in my lifetime and I will say if given my choice between any of them today, I'd stick with Dr. Wesley.
18 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Cynthia M Wesley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Cynthia M Wesley is similar to the following 0 Doctors near North Wilkesboro, NC.