Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay F Kruse
Dr. Jay F Kruse, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Minneapolis, MN, with another office in Minneapolis, MN. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Kruse is affiliated with Unity Hospital. Dr. Kruse has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay F Kruse has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Kruse did partial robotic surgery on both of my knees and I am so very happy with the results! I no longer feel like I am going to fall. I stepped in a hole in my yard & was able to keep from falling (this would not have happened before the surgery)! I knew three weeks into the first surgery that I had made the right decision! His staff at the front desk does such a nice job and the physical therapists Brian & Jason are just excellent! I plan on being back to out door bike riding soon! I am 74 years old & back to living thanks to Dr. Kruse & his team!! I would & have recommended him to my friends & family & would without a doubt see him again!
I was very satisfied with every aspect of my care during the process of having a total knee replacement. I felt like Dr. Kruse listened to my concerns about going back to work after surgery. I discovered that that my insurance didn't cover services at Unity Hospital where he does most of his surgery. He looked at my records and thought I qualified for their EXCEL program for knee replacement. That worked out extremely well for me. My insurance paid 100% for that. I felt I got excellent care the 2 days after surgery. I had a "hitch" and was sent a couple of bills that were actually included in the EXCEL program, called, spoke with their billing department and it was handled right away. I found the phsyical therepy people to be friendly and encouraging. I felt like they also listened to my concerns and addressed them. As long as I had to have a knee replacement, this was as good as it gets I imagine. When Dr. Kruse was running late with his appointments I never felt like he was hurrying with me, so I didn't mind the wait so much.
It is my opinion that doctor Kruse is a very good doctor he has a great bedside manor a wonderful way of making one feel comfortable I love when a doctor can laugh a sense of humor is to me the best quality other than knowing what he is doing and talking about,don,t get me wrong he is a professional but he can tell if laughter is the medicine one might need to help them be a bit less stressed due to nervesI was sent to him from the place i go for my back ,the first visit he knew I would need hip surgery I opted to try an injection to see if the pain would ease up to no avail my second visit we discussed and planned for my total hip replacement which turned out very wellmy incision site looks great I am walking with a walker doing hip exercises ,ten days post-op and looking forward to my next visit with him.I like Dr. Kruse and would recommend him to anyone who needed someone who cares.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Kruse is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1998
Akron General Medical Center
Dr. Jay F Kruse accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Jay F Kruse is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Minneapolis, MN.