Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Cyrus M Ghavam has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Cyrus M Ghavam has the following 3 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Cyrus M Ghavam has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 35
It seems that all of the poor reviews I have read were by workmans comp patients. Makes me wonder. I went in with a complete herniation of my C6-C7 disk. I was in excruciating pain in my neck and arm and had numbness and weakness as well in that arm. Dr. Ghavam performed an ACDF. I stayed one night in hospital. It was a walk in the park surgery for me. That was 4 years ago and I haven't had a moments problem with it since he fixed it. I'm a critical care RN and have heard many horror stories regarding people's spine surgeries, therefore I did a lot of research to find the best surgeon before my surgery. Well, I found him. Dr. Ghavam is absolutely one of the best there is. I plan on letting him fix my lumbar spine next. I highly recommend Dr.Ghavam!
I am also a work component patient when I first Injuried my lower back at work I had one doctor that wanted me to have a mri done but work component doctor refused the mri I was hurting so bad that they had to send me to Dr. Ghavam he told my mom that I have a slip disk in my lower back and he does want me to have spine surgery he send me to physical therapy
Dr. Ghavam said I had nothing wrong with my back or the discs in my neck. I have a report from another workman comp Dr. state I had a bulging discs at L5 and had me do a block. He also stated that my problem with my neck was due to age. I have discs on top of disc.in my neck per other doctors and MRI. The workman comp nurse didn't even show up for the appointment.. There are people that saw me get injured on the job..I had another Dr. state I need to have my discs in my neck fused to relieve the pain. . The doctor worked for the workman comp company and was more or less told what to say to me by the workman comp company. They pay him. I Never believed I or any person should be treated this way. Tell your friend and family I could never recommend him after this visit. I believe in God and god healing hand but have not been lucky of his help to date this date. The Dr. Must!! This was a total waist of my time and waited almost 4 weeks for the appointment. There is so much more to the story and sorry for rambling. But when you hurt everyday due to a work related injury you would thing the Dr. oath of practice would want to help people. The medical review board needs to look into my case and probably many others.. I call it mal practice. But that's just me. It's time to let a Judge and Jury make the decision of what is the right thing to do. My father told me long ago, right is right and wrong is wrong.. Right wind more time than not.
Dr. Ghavam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Cyrus M Ghavam accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsThe Orthopedic Center, 927 Franklin St SE, Huntsville, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cyrus M Ghavam in this video.
Dr. Cyrus M Ghavam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.