Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Cyrus R Piraka has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Cyrus R Piraka has the following 13 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Cyrus R Piraka has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Cyrus R Piraka is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 8
I was rushed to University of Miami Medical Center by ambulance when two other doctors at Aventura Hospital were unable to perform and ERCP on me and my condition was gravely deteriorating every hour. Dr. Piraka was waiting for me to arrive in the ambulance at the doors of the hospital (which I thought only happenned in the movies). He accepted me after work hours on a Friday when all other doctors have already gone home. He took his time to speak with me before the surgery and to answer all my questions. The last thing I remember before anesthesia took its effect was Dr. Piraka's hands. In the last minute preparation for the ERCP he held my head like a fragile flower. Needless to say, he was successful in his suregery. He stayed for a while talking with my husband to explain the surgery and did not leave until I was stable. I will be eternally grateful to this doctor for saving my life when all other doctors could not. I know that this doctor specializes in complicated cases and not your "bread and butter" GI procedures. But if you need any GI procedure, such as an ERCP, I would not recommend any other doctor. With his highest professionalism, caring, bedside mannors and unforgetably angel hands.
20 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Cyrus R Piraka accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHenry Ford Hospital, 2799 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Cyrus R Piraka, MD - Gastroenterology in Detroit, MI, in this video.
Dr. Cyrus R Piraka is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.