Dr. Richard L Friedman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Richard L Friedman?

The best . He saved my life

Very nice & dedicated dr.love him a lot

hurry up and wait for 2 hours and never a word from receptionist oh he;s running late , saw 12 people come in after me and went in while i waited. rebooked, now can't reach office to cancel due to back issues, now for over 1 1/2 hours all lines busy waited 10 minutes 1 st time 6 calls later 5 each i will be a no show today can't drive on pain meds and will not sit and hurry up and wait.

Dr. Friedman, while often abrupt, is very direct and clear, which is most efficient and effective. He performed a complete hysterectomy on me; that was very well done, as was the follow-up care. I heal quickly and was back to work in under two weeks. He saved my life, as he has others'. Roxanne, his receptionist, is a gem. The rest of his staff exhibit highly variable attitudes, particularly Zhonna, whom I will not see again, even if it means losing Dr. Friedman. Finally, it's impossible to speak to a live person. The intial recorded response often instructs one to call back during office hours -- even when one calls an hour after the office supposedly is open. It's also impossible to leave a message. In four years, I've never been able to get through to anyone and must stop by the office to change appointments, etc. Overall, thus far, at least, Dr. Friedman's experience and expertise have been worth the other aggravations.

Wonderful MD! Experienced, knowledgeable, straightforward.

I was referred by my Gyn & was happy to learn he was also recommended by several friends once they learned I was seeing Dr. Friedman. All 4 of them were surgery success stories. The wait was long, but worth it. I was very upset & anxious about my case. He put me at ease, explained the best options & answered my questions. The wait is almost unbearably long, but after the first visit, you'll find it is worth it. I was told he's in surgery 3 days a week - a dedicated surgeon who has limited office time. His staff is busy & it's hard to get through at times, but I found Zhanna, Roxanne & Vanessa understanding & helpful. Christine is very patient, direct & efficiently fields any questions you throw at her about surgery, insurance road blocks & other headaches. If you must see a Gyn-Onc, Dr. Friedman is the specialist you want to see. (Don't expect any coddling, he has no time for that, but you will get a matter-of-fact expert opinion & a very experienced surgeon).

Genius

dont let staff put you off

SAVED MY LIFE

I would recommend Dr. Friedman to anyone who needs the best, most talented, kind, experienced and smartest doctor. When I first saw him after my diagnosis the fear I felt was paralyzing. However when I left his office I felt secure and blessed I would be in his care. If you have to wait for an appt or in his waiting room it is because he is one busy doctor in demand and the wait is worth it. He saved my life need I say more?!

Unprofessional and Rude, Doesn't Listen, no follow up

I saw this doctor when I was very young ( five years ago), for a serious case I'd rather not go into detail about (but thankfully it was not cancerous). I knew what my diagnosis was, you could visually see it. I was in constant pain, and was very clear and upfront about why I was there. The doctor blew me off consistently saying my problem probably wasn't that bad (he couldn't tell until doing surgery), and was incredibly condescending. He treated me like a 21st century that does too much online self diagnosis, and this was definitely not the case. Following surgery he said he'd never seen something so bad. He did a very sloppy surgery as my scars are much larger than the surface area of what needed surgery. He also "forgot" to tell me about how to care of myself after the surgery, and now I have scars that could have been severely diminished by proper follow up treatment. It was an incredibly traumatic time in my life, and the Dr. never once attempted to make me feel ok. It's embarrassing, and I wish I had the foresight then to look for another doctor, after waiting MONTHS (6) and after taking MULTIPLE appointments just to get a surgery date. I waited minimum 1 1/2 hours for each visit before being seen, usually it was 2. I actually kept a detailed timeline on the experience and bureaucracy that came with it, I should have just shared that!

Seek an opinion from another knowledgeable gynocologist!!

Two years ago I was sent to Dr. Friedman by my primary gynocologist to have him do a routine pap smear as she was unable to. I had a large fibroid inside my cervix making it difficult. After ultrasounds of said fibroid, I had a consultation with him and was told it had to be done in hospital as a D & C. OK, then he also suggested that 'while we were in there' that I should have a complete hysterectomy and removal of my cervix (!) because it COULD be a rare, horrible cancer called a leiomyosarcoma. I was horrified and asked if it would include my ovaries, and he replied "Yes, you don't need them anyway since you're 58". I had ONLY the D & C, and did not let him remove anything. Then did a lot of research online and found the wonderful Dr. Wm. Parker in Santa Monica. There was no cancer, my uterus was saved and will never set eyes on Friedman again. I also found a great acupuncturist and shrunk the fibroid with the help of chinese herbs and cleaning up my diet. I have had easy paps and learned so much from the caring, knowlegeable Parker in the subsequent 2 years. I don't need a great bedside manner from a doctor, but Friedman is a slob . . . be very careful.

Rude and Arrogant-Stay Away rom This Man

Dr friedman is way too busy and the wait is absolutely abysmal but....once I got in to see him he was extremely knowledgeable and took care of me just the way i wanted.some may find him blunt and uncaring but I found him to be honest and what I wanted.I do not want to be coddled and touched unnecessarily want a smart honest competent doc and this is what I got with Dr. Friedman.

The doctor was good once he is in the room with me. The nursing staff was so-so. The office staff were horrible and rude. The waiting time is the worse. The longest was over 2 hours wait and average waiting time is 1 1/2 hours. I think they booked 5 patients per appt time.

Dr. Richard L Friedman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Burbank, CA.