Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dai Takahashi has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I saw dr. Takahashi at st. Joseph west bend. I have been suffering from an unknown cause of shortness of breath for 3 years now. I had radiation therapy and chemo therapy when I was young. I was admitted to the hospital because I just could not even make a sentence any more. I was admitted 2 months ago too and at the time, they gave me lasix and sent me home. Dr. Takahashi is a firm believer in physical exam and history. He asked me questions on what happened 30 years ago with my lymphoma. He touch my chest, look at my neck in different positions, he was listening to heart sound for 3 min!!!! Then he told me that I will likely need valve replacement or heart transplant. My heart is failing and he told me that I will see a cardiologist next day. Cardiologist told me that I was lucky he was on call. Now I am waiting for heart transplant. I feel relieved that someone found a problem.
Dr. Takahashi mostly sees patient in the hospital. He gave me his business card and it said he belongs in section of perioperative medicine. He is an expert in helping people recover from complicated surgery without medical complications.He has an excellent bedside manner and takes a lot of time with me. He answered more questions about surgery than my orthopedic doctor. I asked him if he can be my doctor but he said that he does not do primary care.
15 Years Experience
Nova Southeastern University College Of Dental Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Dai Takahashi accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dai Takahashi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.