Dr. Daina Mead Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Daina Mead?

Seek other medical attention

Posted on January 15th, 2016

Dr. Mead had the absolute worst bed side manner I have ever experienced from a doctor. Only provided a prescription of antibiotics. Did not perform bloodwork when I expressed I thought my condition was more serious. Additionally, she stated that someone else should be waiting for her and she needed to leave when I didn't agree with her.

AVOID

Posted on August 21st, 2012

I have seen Dr Mead a few times when my regular doc was out of the office. (They practice together.) All my experiences have been very negative. On one occaision, I had an appointment for placement of an IUD. My regular doctor and I had discussed contraception at length, and although it was not the typical method for women in my situation at the time, we decided an IUD was the best method given my medical iissues. My doc was out when I needed it placed, so Dr. Mead filled in. She began the appointment by refusing to do the procedure, saying she didn't feel it was medically appropriate. I spent five minutes arguing with her, reviewing the particulars of my case, at which point she finally agreed. She clearly had no respect or trust in my regular doc's medical opinion. I found her style to be rude, somewhat confrontational, and quite unpleasant. Her arguments also reflected more medical superstition than current research. In other appointments, she would not treat me for the complaints I came in with. On my last visit, she was so brusque and indifferent that by the time she left the exam room I was in tears. Now, if my doc is out, I postpone my appt or go somewhere else. Frankly, I am surprised BMC continues to employ her.

I never complain about Dr's but she is awful.

Posted on August 21st, 2012

I've been going to Boulder Medical Center for years now and am always happy with my normal Dr plus the other ones I've seen in the same office. I met with Dr Mead today, however, and she is so bad I almost walked out. Her bedside manner is awful, she didn't listen, didn't ask questions, she interrupted, argued about previous test results, was condescending about the other Dr who sent me to my primary care and was just very rude overal. I believe I will have to go back just to make sure I can get all my questions answered. She wasn't having any part of our discussion, basically said I was wrong, she actually laughed at me at one point. Go to any of the Dr's in that office, but not her.

never visit her

Posted on July 13th, 2012

spent less than 5 minutes. had a motorcycle accident wound that was not healing. during the 5 mins she did not even look at the wound, didnt even come within 5 feet of me! her diagnosis was completely wrong and further exacerbated the problem.

Posted on November 15th, 2011

I agree with the former review, she is very unfriendly and she shows absolutely no compassion. I am in the medical field (a RN) but didn't mention it to her. I know the (lack of) treatment that I received for my injury is not the normal standard of care. She basically did nothing and sent me out the door. I later saw another doctor there who came highly recommended to me (he didn't have any openings and she had lots for my first visit so I went to her). I then received very thorough care, including the standard treatment for my type of injury, as well as lots of kindness and extra information on ways to help heal. I would never go to her or recommend her. As one of the hospital staff confessed to me on my way out "I wouldn't even send my dog to her".

Poor Listner and Medical History Reviewer

Posted on October 10th, 2011

Dr. Mead does not listen to patients and fails to review medical history prior to prescribing treatments. Have a feeling she may have been sued before or something. To call her "unfriendly" would be an understatement.

Stay away