Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daksesh B Patel
Dr. Daksesh B Patel, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Gurnee, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. He has 14 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Adventist Bolingbrook Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Daksesh B Patel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daksesh B Patel has the following 18 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Colon Cancer
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
Dr. Daksesh B Patel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
I found Dr. Patel to be a competent and caring doctor. He listened carefully to my issues, made several suggestions, and answered all of my questions completely. I never felt rushed, and was completely satisfied with the entire appointment. I am confident in the long-term treatment plan and quite pleased with the quality of care I am receiving. I would recommend Dr. Patel to anyone without reservation.
Consulted with Dr. Patel about whether to not to undergo RFA treatment for Barrett's Esophagus. Dr. Patel is extremely knowledgable on this subject and helped me develop a plan going forward. Dr. Patel listened to me and explained my options very clearly. If you are looking for a good Gastro doctor, head for Suite 240.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
14 Years Experience
Lake Erie College Of Osteopathic Medicine Erie
Graduated in 2004
Albert Einstein Healthcare Network
Dr. Daksesh B Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daksesh B Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Gurnee, IL.