Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daksheshkumar R Parikh has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. Daksheshkumar R Parikh has the following 14 expertise
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Diseases
Showing 5 of 30
I have the advantage of not only being Dr. Parikh's patient but also working closely with him in ICU at a local hospital. I read the review of the lady that said he was arrogant and "cursed at patients while they were asleep." That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Dr. Parikh would never even say a curse word...much less to a patient. He is an awesome cardiologist, always there when the patient needs him, unlike other cardiologists not in his group who schedule emergency procedures to please their own schedules. He is also absolutely an artist in the cath lab....can open blockages that would be impossible for anyone else. You cannot do better than Parikh and his associates.
Well, for years my mother was seeing him and now my husband as well. He is a very qualified person, but seems a little too arrogant at times. I remember the nurse telling me that he curses at his patients while they are unconcious during surgeries and I also felt him getting annoyed when we were asking alot of questions about my husbands recent stroke. Idk if its just me, or has anyone else felt this way with this doctor?
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
30 Years Experience
Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College
Graduated in 1988
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVictoria Heart And Vascular Center Pa, 2104 Patterson Dr, Victoria, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daksheshkumar R Parikh in this video.
Dr. Daksheshkumar R Parikh is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Victoria, TX.