Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dale D Burleson Jr
Dr. Dale D Burleson Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Plano, TX, with another office in Plano, TX. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Colon & Rectal Surgery. Dr. Burleson is affiliated with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen and Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Irving. He speaks English.
Dr. Dale D Burleson Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Rectal Bleeding
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Bowel Resection
- Colon Cancer
- Rectal Pain
Showing 5 of 51
Dr Burleson was very friendly and professional. He put me to ease by showing me a video how the surgery would be done and explained every step. The surgery went well, no problems what so ever. I was in the hospital three days and doing great. I returned for a follow up visit in three weeks. Doing great and discharged. I am from Kentucky and went to Texas for the surgery as Dr Burleson was highly recommended. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing colon surgery.
The key to good care is not when everything goes right, its when things go wrong. My wife experienced heaven bleeding a week after surgery. She was hospitalized and had to be given 2 pints of blood during a transfusion. Dr Burleson cared less, never visited during her 3 day stay. The attending was frustrated one with the lack of guidance from the surgeon. His assistant visited after 2 days and you could tell it was just an inconvenience. Things go wrong, but the key to great service is how they are handled. In this case very poorly.
While in surgery room for colonoscopy and under sedation he berated me and lambasted me for not bringing an ostomy pouch which his office had told me I didn't need. I've never been literally yelled at before, let alone by a physician. I ended up in hospital all aftermoon trying to get my blood pressure down from 212 before I could go home. Had seen him only two times before and each time he was rude and in a hurry. I'm 82 years old and still in my right mind. He obviously has anger issues. I'll never go back to him, despite the glowing reviews above.
Dr. Burleson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Texas A&M Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Dr. Dale D Burleson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dale D Burleson Jr in this video.
Dr. Dale D Burleson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Plano, TX.