More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Dale J Federico has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
Dr. Dale J Federico has the following 16 expertise
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Bone Fracture
Dr. Dale J Federico has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Dale J Federico is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 80
I had been diagnosed with a partial tear in my meniscus. It would sometimes "flip" a bit and my knee would catch. This guy said it was a simple meniscus "repair" and I would be "good as new"! I did my proper due diligence about this group's reputation as the supposedly primary sports doctors for Lehigh University. During the interview, he stated "simple repair"....! He ended up removing the larger portion of the meniscus causing bone-to-bone contact and constant pain ever since the surgery. Afterwards, I went back to have him explain. He just smiled and turned to his female trainee and told her I had arthritis! (Didn't have it before his operation!) Went to another surgeon in Reading who privately (and quietly) advised me this doctor damaged me by removing the meniscus unnecessarily. But, he would not offer testimony and recommended a knee replacement. Federico crippled me..... An arrogant SOB. Stay away from this butcher!
35 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Dale J Federico accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark PPOBlue
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dale J Federico, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Allentown, PA, in this video.
Dr. Dale J Federico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.