Dr. Dale J Federico Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Dale J Federico?

Meat Cutter

I had been diagnosed with a partial tear in my meniscus. It would sometimes "flip" a bit and my knee would catch. This guy said it was a simple meniscus "repair" and I would be "good as new"! I did my proper due diligence about this group's reputation as the supposedly primary sports doctors for Lehigh University. During the interview, he stated "simple repair"....! He ended up removing the larger portion of the meniscus causing bone-to-bone contact and constant pain ever since the surgery. Afterwards, I went back to have him explain. He just smiled and turned to his female trainee and told her I had arthritis! (Didn't have it before his operation!) Went to another surgeon in Reading who privately (and quietly) advised me this doctor damaged me by removing the meniscus unnecessarily. But, he would not offer testimony and recommended a knee replacement. Federico crippled me..... An arrogant SOB. Stay away from this butcher!

If I only knew then

Destroyed my life. Find another doctor. This one's a crap shoot!

Feckless

Poor surgeon. I would have been better off without ever meeting Federico.

Not So Lucky

Consider yourself lucky that he dismissed you and you found another doctor. I wasn't as lucky, as he maimed me for life.

Don't waste your time and co-pay

Poor listener. Diagnose without assessment. Less than 2 minute visits. Condescending. Dismiss me without trying to figure out what was wrong, so I had to get a different doctor. I've never been treated so poorly.

Look for another doctor

This man got his medical degree in a crackerjack box.

ABSOLUTE WORST! Don't know how his partners keep him in their practice. It will definitely ruin their reputations being tied to him. Don't ruin your chances of a good outcome, go to another doctor.

So Unprofessional

He did surgery on me, left me disabled, lied on the medical records to cover himself and laughed at me as i walked out, in tears, from meeting with his associate who had just confirmed the unacceptable job that Federico had done on me. How does this man continue to practice? How does he sleep at night? Find another doctor.

Thank you, Dr. Federico

I am forever grateful to Dr. Dale Federico. I struggling to cope with pain from an old knee injury, which was limiting my mobility, but I was hesitant to miss time at work for the surgery. Dr. Federico patiently explained the procedure. I was back at work quickly and the next summer I traveled to Italy and climbed Mt. Vesuvius! A few years later I needed his advice again, and he prescribed the appropriate physical therapy that enabled my shoulder to be functional again.

One of the unlucky ones

Mrs. Poslock, I wish you good luck. He also did my shoulder joint replacement. I did all the therapy and believed everything would be ok in time. I've never raised my arm again. This horrific doctor left me disabled. At 56, I too, had a positive outlook. Hope your outcome is better. New patients, don't chance it. This guy is hit and miss and his misses are BIG!

Patient

Been seeing Dr. F for about 10 years . He has been 110% accurate with my shoulder despite a very serious injury, tears from a bad fall when I was in my 40's. 7 wks ago he just did a total joint replacement. Can't tell you how pleased I am with the surgery results so far. It is a lot of rehab but at 54 yo I am sure it will pay off. I highly recommend Dr. F.

Going for a second opinion

I went to Dr Frederico after hurting my knee. My first visit he bent my fingers back too and said I was stretchy. That visit lasted about three mintues. When I left I felt like I got no answers. I don't require a warm fuzzy dr. So when I tell you his bedside manner is poor.... believe me its poor. I went to physical therapy and complied 100 percent. I even did the excersies at home . My pain has gotten worse and I feel like there is no answer out there. I've now had an Mri and saw him three times. He now has changed his diagnosis and said go back to therapy after he told me stoptherapy . When I explained how I need to be able to function(because this dr told me there is nothing he can do for me now),he asked what insurance I have and then had his nurse get me a knee brace. Wish I saw this site before I made my first appointment . I now have an appointment for a second opinion .

Dr. Dale J Federico is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.