Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dale M Intihar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 14
My father was admitted to the Florida Hospital, Flagler with severe dehydration and an equally severe UTI. Dr. Intihar was the doctor assigned to my dad. The reason for his poor evaluation is for 2 major reasons: 1) his arrogance and abrupt nature in which he would 'answer' the questions we had about my father's condition and 2) the manner in which my father was discharged. My dad has dementia, which was aggravated by his UTI and is essentially non copos mentis. I and my mother are my dad's designated healthcare surrogates. When discussing the discharge procedure with the doctor, he told us that he would me making the determination as to when he would be discharged at noon the next day. We told him that we wanted to be present due to my dad's condition. We arrived at the 9:30 that morning and was told that the doctor discharged my dad at 7 am and had my dad sign the discharge papers fully knowing his mental status. This is totally unacceptable and I will be filing a formal complaint. Beware!
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
42 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Dr. Dale M Intihar accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPreferred Medical Center, 309 Palm Coast Pkwy NE Ste 2, Palm Coast, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dale M Intihar in this video.
Dr. Dale M Intihar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Palm Coast, FL.