Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dale J Lange has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Dale J Lange has the following 15 expertise
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Migraine Disorder
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Inclusion Body Myositis
Dr. Dale J Lange has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 16
Dale Lange is an expert in his field. He conducts research on treatments for ALS. He teaches residents. He has interest in the challenge of each new complex case & attempts to accommodate new consults from around the world quickly. He is generally extremely compassionate, kind, & gentle with a new patient. With established patients, it can be a bit different. Physicians are subject to the same emotions & flaws that laypeople are, especially when fatigued & overworked. If you have a sensitive personality & catch him on the wrong day, it might be tough. He does prefer to remain solely focused on neuromuscular issues rather than general neurology. He values multi-disciplinary care but does have strong opinions of his own. Overall, he has good motives, generally takes his time, & he has chosen to dedicate his life to helping a tough-luck patient population. He is willing to think outside the box, which can be a rare find in today's world of managed care & protocols. At the end of the day, though, doctors are not God. Some things can't be fixed.Choose wisely.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
40 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1978
Dr. Dale J Lange accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
Locations & DirectionsHospital For Special Surgery, 525 E 71st St, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dale J Lange in this video.
Dr. Dale J Lange is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.