Dr. Dale A Whitaker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Dale A Whitaker?

Dreadful doctor

Made mistakes during surgery and would not admit them or corect them. Very arogant, not understanding of patients, semed completely unintrested.

Smart man and great guy! Would recommend to everyone!

Took extra time. Always listened to what my questions were. Most of all did a great job on my difficult surgeries. Can't thank him enough!

Dr. Whitaker is the BEST Orthopedic Doctor there is. He is AWESOME, KIND, and GENTLE.

pastry schef

Don't use him as your surgeon.

I was afraid of having a Total Knee Replacement, but Dr. Whitaker talked me into it, even though he made a point to tell me about my weight at each visit. I did the Pre-Surgery Class, which made it sound like we would be treated like royalty after surgery. After the surgery, I saw him once a day and he didn't want to discuss pain levels and was just obnoxious. I've had trouble with the knee since (It's been over 3 years). The last time I went to him, he said he didn't know what the problem was, and there was nothing more he could do. JOI was suppose to set up yearly check-ups on the knee, it's been over 3 years, and not once has anyone from that office called.

Do you want top shelf ?

I'm a big guy with large legs and he still took me on with the anterior method. Some doctors won't and you have to have cut mussels. Will recommend to friends and family.

If you want the best surgeon for your replacement Dr Whitaker is the one to pick. He took the time to talk with me before I scheduled surgery. I had both of my knees replaced at the same time and he is one of the few that will do this. Both of my knees were in bad shape. I have had no problems with my knee recovery. Been a month and walking around doing great.

almost complete disregard toward "younger crowd",and/or extremely judgmental on personal traits.

Coudn't have cared less

He actually told me I could get a second opinion (Like I didn't know that)? and sent me on my way after PT that didn't work. I think he thought I wanted drugs. What I wanted was for him to DO HIS JOB and find out what was wrong. I finally found a good dr. who found out I needed a total hip replacement and have been fine ever since. I would not recommend him unless you are a Jacksonville Jaguar. Then he and his colleagues seem to care,

NO WAY......

.........would I ever go back to this man. Such ARROGANCE! He was not willing to go that extra mile to help me. He was distracted and seemed suspicious I only wanted drugs which I never one time asked for. He simply did not care and dismissed me on my third visit with, "You are welcome to get a second opinion" as he walked out of the room with his back to me. I don't need HIS permission to do that. I found a wonderful dr. who has stopped my pain with minimal drugs that are watched and I will soon be off of. I am so grateful. Never would I go back to Dr. Whitaker or JOI.

I was referred to JOI and was fortunate to be given Dr Whitaker as my attending doctor. He has always been courteous, professional and caring in my dealings with him. He answers my questions w/o making me feel rushed or that I am a bother or that he is in a hurry. I have enjoyed my association with him and his staff

Best Orthopatdic in Jacksonville