Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Damon Lee
Dr. Damon Lee, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Daly City, CA. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Lee is affiliated with Seton Medical Center and California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. Dr. Lee has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Damon Lee has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 12
My husband recently became a new patient and was charged over $100 for a file review (not covered by insurance and my husband was not informed). I was willing to deal with that but when I called to make an appointment because of an immediate issue - I was told that I would have to go through a "new patient" visit (probably the same file review rip off) first and there were no appointments available soon - and I should find another doctor. VERY RUDE!
My Father in Law has been seeing Dr. Lee he seems to like him but the care giver has had difficulties getting necessary test run.Dr Lee complains because Dad is not in a gown ready for him when he gets in the room,Dad likes to be independent but at 85 is slow. Last night he was rushed to emergency with a mini stroke , the er Dr released him after speaking with Dr Lee and being told that it was ok for him to go home. We were given instructions that Dad was to see Dr Lee today but when called Dr Lee's office were told that was impossible and to bring him in Dec 6th for his already scheduled appt. After Calling Dr lee's office very upset the caregiver took him in at 11:00 am, he was seen at 1:15 and the DR was yelling at the caregiver that we yelled at him earlier when we called, my husband had not even spoken to the Dr but the receptionist. I suppose that with the other reviews Dr Lee must like and care for some patients better then others but we are looking for a new Dr before Dad has a major Stroke.
Dr. Lee has cared for my mother and father for 20 years. He is the kindest man I have ever known (next to my father), and has an incredible work ethic. My mom was in the hospital on Christmas and New Years, and he never missed one day of doing his rounds to see her. He helps us with finding care facilities, long term home care, medications, suggestions on things we can do to help her. I honestly don't know what we would do without him. He has been a gift from God to us.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2008, 2011, 2010, 2012, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2013, 2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Lee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
39 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Mount Zion Medical Center University Ca
Dr. Damon Lee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSutter Medical Network, 1800 Sullivan Ave Rm 304, Daly City, CA
Dr. Damon Lee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Daly City, CA.