Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dan A Kalshan
Dr. Dan A Kalshan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kalshan is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus. Dr. Kalshan has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dan A Kalshan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dan A Kalshan has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Dan A Kalshan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
I have been around medicine all my life and Dr Kalshan is the best of the best in the Bay Area. He was the only internal doc that was able to come up with an accurate diagnosis after I had seen 4 other practitioners. He goes out of his way to make sure you have complete understanding of your condition and provides treatments that work with little or no complications.
I've lived in San Francisco since 1981 and went through five different doctors before finding Dr. Kalshan in 2008. He is informed, smart, kind, funny, and he clearly loves his work. What I like most, however, is the respect he shows for me. Previous doctors talked over me while I described symptoms, or they simply didn't listen when I spoke because they always assumed I couldn't possibly have anything of value to say. Dr. Kalshan always makes me feel like he respects me, even down to explaining the medical details of what's going on with my body. I could not be happier with him
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kalshan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Medical College Of Wisconsin
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Dan A Kalshan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFinancial District Medical, 220 Montgomery St Ste 946, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Dan A Kalshan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.