3.3

Nice guy, lazy doctor

I was obese. Was. I lost almost 200 pounds and it wasn't because of Dan. I ended up seeking a new doctor for two reasons. 1. He only wanted to talk about lap band surgery. I saw him for ten years and he never once offered me any advice other than "we need to do this surgery." I was never sent to a nutritionist and I rarely had blood work done. 2. I had asthma at the time, I still do but the weight loss has helped it virtually go away. One Friday night I was having a very hard time breathing and I realized that I ran out of my asthma inhaler. I called Chelmsford Family Practice after hours and spoke to the on-call doctor. She told me she would write the prescription but I was due for my physical so she would only write it if I promised to call Monday morning and make an appointment. Come Monday, 8:30 AM I get a call from Chelmsford Family. It was the receptionist and she told me that if I didn't make an appointment for my physical that Dan wouldn't see me anymore. So while I was told to make this appointment on Monday, they called me first thing and gave me an ultimatum. The odd thing is, I had just been there to see Dan about the flu a few weeks before and I have never missed my annual physical, so I just don't understand why they held the medicine that keeps me alive for ransom and then threatened to drop me as a patient. I had always had a nice report with Dan. I mean, I call him "Dan" for God's sake. So between the constant requests to have surgery, his unwillingness to discuss nutrition with me and then this situation with my asthma meds, I decided to find a new doctor. The new doctor put me through a series of tests, had me see a team of doctors and now I have lost a ton of weight, with no lap band surgery. Dan is a really nice guy but he failed me as well as my children.

Scam

It's all about the money. Double charged for a physical and a office visit when I thought I was going in for my free annual physical. Don't fill out any forms when you get there or ask any questions. You can common sense answers. Said because I have existing medical conditions the doctor has to write more so they need more money and charged for a office visit as well. Physicals should be free regardless of existing medical conditions.

Great Doctor

Dr. Nguyen is young, willing to listen and seems to take a genuine interest in you. I am one of those guys who hates doctors and always waits until an arm is about to fall off before getting around to making an appointment. Now that I have Dr. Nguyen I am a lot more likely to make an appointment and I even go in for yearly physicals. Dr. Nguyen is almost always on time and you almost always get to see him, not a nurse practitioner or med student. By far the best doctor I have ever dealt with.

Birth Control

Dr. Dan S Nguyen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near North Chelmsford, MA.

Dr. Dan S Nguyen Is this you?