Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dana A Dewitt has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
I have been a patient of Dr. DeWitt for over 15 years. I am moving to a different state and fear I will never find a new doctor that rates anything close to the care I rec'd as a patient with him. He really took his time and listened and was very knowledgeable on every medical issue I dealt with. He has seen me at my worst and I never felt any judgment from him, only a desire to help me with any issue I was facing, physically and/or emotionally. I will truly miss him.
Dr Dewitt is great! Very helpful, however there is one lady in the front who has always been extremely rude to me! Refusing to pass messages, taking it upon herself to give her own professional opinion. I have trouble getting my medicine refills due to this, I understand some people have made it difficult to get medicine, but not everybody abuses the system, and isnt it up to the doctor to make decisions and not the receptionist? My insurance only covers 3 weeks(or 90 days), so I have to frequent the office every 2-2.5 weeks to make sure I don't run out, every single time she gives me trouble! Once or twice is one thing, humans forget, but maybe write it down!? She's called my pharmacy on several occasions asking why I only get 21 days and why I need my refill already, one its not the pharmacy who only allows 21 days, two my pharmacist goes on my defense every time, trying to explain its my insurance, I only get it on time, I'm not abusing the system, only doing what's necessary, etc. And even they have a hard time speaking to her, claiming she is very rude! Sorry for the rant, Dr Dewitt is great, but the lady up front needs to get off her high horse and stop being so self righteous! I highly recommend him, but prepare for rude, condensending treatment from her!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
23 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Dana A Dewitt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRose City Family Practice, 300 W Washington Ave Ste 150, Jackson, MI
Dr. Dana A Dewitt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MI.