Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dana Shani has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Blood Cancer
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 18
3 members of my family including myself attend Dr Shani , I highly recomend her , she is one of the very few doctors I know in New York city that will take her time with you. And answer all your concerns and questions , she is very knowledgeable and I have called to speak to her on a couple of ocassions and she was very prompt to return the call , I feel very blessed and thankful that she is taking care of my family and me , I have only good things to say about her staff again always professional and efficient from the front desk and rest of staff ,
Sonya is really nice --and she is the only one that gets things done in there when you ask her.I have been going there for 9 years only because of Sonya because she gets me in when I need to see Dr. Shani. She is not a beggar she has always been there for me like a friend and not as a patient. The person that wrote about Sonya has personal issues.
Receptionist is beggar. she will hustle you for a dollar. she is always asking for gifts or presents for her kids. i go to the doctor to get taken care of not take care of a receptionist.....Shani is arrogant but most doctor are...she know her medicine if you can get past her personality and the front desk i guess she is good find
She has an abrupt way about her, her bedside manner is not the greatest. I felt that we did get along on some level due to our cultural similarities. Her office staff were polite and professional.She is definitely old school She just wants me to take the drugs. I told her that I want to avoid drugs and continue with close monitoring and taking vitamins and antioxidants combined with good nutrition recommended by my integrative medicine doctor. She said she doesnt believe in vitamins, couldnt give an opinion about vitamin D3 and doesnt believe that avoiding alcohol is necessary. I told her about my concerns regarding taking drugs but she wasn't that helpful. I dont trust her opinion; I will go see another doctor.
Dr. Shani is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Sackler School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Beekman Downtown Hospital
Dr. Dana Shani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLenox Hill Medicine, 178 E 85th St Fl 4, New York, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dana Shani in this video.
Dr. Dana Shani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.