Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dane Shepherd
Dr. Dane Shepherd, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Chicago, IL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Shepherd is affiliated with Lincoln Park Hospital and Grant Hosp, Chicago, Il. Dr. Shepherd has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dane Shepherd has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Dane Shepherd has the following 1 expertise
Showing 5 of 5
We were referred to Dr Shepherd for my daughter who sustained a brain injury and now has many seizures and hormonal problems. We were prepared to pay the out-of-network fees, took time off work to arrange going, brought my daughter and her seizure-alert dog. We spent 45 minutes waiting for our appointment. After that long wait, it was our turn to go in, we were informed that the doctor would not see us unless the dog did not come in. First of all, this is against ADA laws, but mostly this is against good patient care. After my daughter's having had multiple seizures and ER runs that week, the service dog was especially important. I asked how we could get her seen there, and the reply was that they hoped we could find her good care elsewhere. Good care for brain injury is extremely hard to find, and good care for hormonal imbalances is also very hard to find. Both together, it's nearly impossible. Not made any easier by this doctor's unwillingness to work with us. I cannot recommend.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shepherd is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lincoln Park Hospital
Grant Hosp, Chicago, Il
36 Years Experience
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions111 N Wabash Ave, Chicago, IL
Dr. Dane Shepherd is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.