Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dane D Simons has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 19
I have been going to this doctor for at least 10 years. I needed an alternative antibiotic because the one he prescribed the day before made me sick to my stomach. That was not big deal or his fault. It took 4 phone calls to his office Friday afternoon to get through to his nurse. The first call, his office told me they were very, very busy & that they would try to get the message to someone. I called again a second time an hour later and I was put on hold for 15 minutes after I only got out my name. I called back a third time and they didn't even realize they left me on hold and didn't apologize for having me on hold. The fourth time I got to talk to his nurse. I told her my problem and she called me back after talking to the doctor. She asked me to call the pharmacy and have them call the doctor regarding obtaining a new prescription, which I thought was odd. Saturday morning at the pharmacy, I discovered he never returned any of the calls from the pharmacy Friday aft. The pharmacist called him on his personal cell phone & left messages again. After awhile, he called the pharmacy and gave me a new prescription. While we were waiting, my husband called his answering service to find out who was "on call" for the weekend to get an antibiotic from another doctor if necessary and discovered it was Dr. Simons who was on call for the weekend. I hope nothing life threatening happens to anyone this weekend with him "on call".....
This doctor is careless, I had colon cancer and had to go to another family practice doctor after he disregarded my complaints. He is ignorant and looks like you like he thinks he's better than you. Dr. Simons also had a DUI a month ago, that shows his carelessness. Please don't go to him, he's not the right choice for anyone.
Dr. Simons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Dane D Simons accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Arts Clinic, 1120 Avenue G, Bay City, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dane D Simons in this video.
Dr. Dane D Simons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bay City, TX.