The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel P Akin
Dr. Daniel P Akin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Albany, IN. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Otolaryngology and Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Akin is affiliated with Jewish Hospital Shelbyville, Baptist Hospital East and Clark Memorial Hospital. Dr. Akin has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel P Akin has the following 2 specialties
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. Daniel P Akin has the following 23 expertise
- Middle Ear Infection (Otitis Media)
- Hay Fever
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Polyps
- Ear, Nose and/or Throat Cancer (Ortorhinolaryngologic Neoplasm)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hearing Aids
- Ear Infection (Otitis)
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Watery Eyes
- Tonsil Removal (Tonsillectomy)
Dr. Daniel P Akin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel P Akin - Posted on August 15th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel P Akin - Posted on April 13th, 2016
Great group of doctors!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel P Akin - Posted on March 29th, 2014
Definitely Going Back
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel P Akin - Posted on February 8th, 2014
Best in Indiana
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel P Akin - Posted on February 1st, 2014
Advanced ENT and Allergy has many excellent doctors that I would recommend. But My visit with Dr. Akin in southern Indiana was the best. I had numerous (Ear, nose and allergy) tests and check ups done by Dr. Akin. I find him to be very personable and pleasant to deal with. He was able to identify some issues and assure me of other. I highly recommend him and would not hesitate to visit him if the need arises again.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Akin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Daniel P Akin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
More about Dr. Daniel P Akin
Appointments & learn more about me: http://www.advancedentandallergy.com/md-daniel-akin.php http://www.facebook.com/DanAkinMD
Locations & DirectionsADVANCED ENT AND ALLERGY, 108 W Daisy Ln, New Albany, IN
Dr. Daniel P Akin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Albany, IN.