Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel R Alvarez
Dr. Daniel R Alvarez, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Wichita, KS, with another office in Wichita, KS. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Alvarez is affiliated with Wesley Medical Center. Dr. Alvarez has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel R Alvarez has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Daniel R Alvarez has the following 14 expertise
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
Dr. Daniel R Alvarez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Alvarez was a referral by my Family Physician. He was thorough,yet gentle, and his demeanor is so calming that I was instantly relaxed. He was instrumental in saving my life by being involved in my care, and is always willing to answer questions about what is happening health wise, and to be friendly and outgoing outside the doctor's office.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Alvarez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Daniel R Alvarez accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daniel R Alvarez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wichita, KS.