Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel G Amen MD
Dr. Daniel G Amen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Costa Mesa, CA, with another office in Walnut Creek, CA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel G Amen has 2 locations
350 N Wiget Ln Ste 105
Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel G Amen has the following 3 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Daniel G Amen has the following 24 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Behavioral Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Body Weight Changes
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Chronic Brain Injury
- Clinical Depression
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Personality Disorder
- Acute Traumatic Stress Disorders
- Drug Abuse (Substance-Related Addiction Disorders)
- Sleep Disorders
- Lyme Disease
- Anxiety Disorders
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Daniel G Amen is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
DO NOT USE - Beware
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel G Amen - Posted on October 11th, 2018
We spent Approx $4000 and the report stated my wife was a drug user which was incorrect. This upset the family member being treated (which was not my wife) and the company lost all credibility with the patient. Dr Amen will not call back. I do not recommend this company. It's very sad and unprofessional. This happened in Atlanta.
36 Years Experience
- Oral Roberts University
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. Daniel G Amen Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Daniel G Amen's office for more information.
3150 Bristol St Ste 400 Costa Mesa, CA : (949) 266-3700
350 N Wiget Ln Ste 105 Walnut Creek, CA 94598
Locations & Directions
Dr. Daniel G Amen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Costa Mesa, CA.