Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel B Carr MD
Dr. Daniel B Carr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine, Anesthesiology, Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Carr is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Outpatient Pharmacy, Miriam Hospital and Umass Memorial Medical Group. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel B Carr has the following 4 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
Dr. Daniel B Carr has the following 11 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Metabolic Syndrome X
- Insulin Resistance
- Opioid-Related Addiction Disorders
- Cancer Pain
- Weight Loss
- Headache Disorders
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Daniel B Carr is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel B Carr - Posted on January 19th, 2011
Dr. Carr is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1976
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Daniel B Carr Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Daniel B Carr's office for more information.
800 Washington St Boston, MA : (617) 636-5000
Locations & DirectionsTUFTS MEDICAL CENTER, 800 Washington St, Boston, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel B Carr, MD - Pain Medicine in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Daniel B Carr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.