Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.<br>These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda has the following 7 expertise
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chest Infection
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda - Posted on July 31st, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda - Posted on August 1st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda - Posted on June 8th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda - Posted on February 28th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda - Posted on January 26th, 2016
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda
Dr. Daniel Balmaceda is a board-certified internist with more than 10 years of experience. He graduated magna cum laude with his bachelor's degree and finished his medical degree at the University of Santo Thomas. He participated in their internship program the internship, residency and fellowship programs at the University of Southern California. He is a member of the Kansas Medical Society, the American College of Physicians, the American Society of Internal Medicine, the American College of Chest Physicians and the American Thoracic Society.
Locations & DirectionsKANSAS CITY PULMONOLOGY PRACTICE, 2330 E Meyer Blvd Ste T303, Kansas City, MO
Dr. Daniel Z Balmaceda is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kansas City, MO.