Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel J Beers
Dr. Daniel J Beers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mountain View, CA. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Beers is affiliated with El Camino Hospital Mountain View Campus and St Louise Regional Hospital. Dr. Beers has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel J Beers has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Daniel J Beers has the following 11 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Lasik Surgery
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Vision Issues
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Exam
Dr. Daniel J Beers has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Daniel J Beers is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
It was over an hour before I was seen. The front desk staff seemed disorganized and the patient in front of me had been waiting for a while and complained. One of the receptionists is hard to understand (not an accent-just the way she communicates) and let me stand there awkwardly because she said she couldn't find my file, then the printer wasn't working, etc. I had to remind them that I had placed the clipboard of forms on the counter, since they didn't respond the first time. It was an hour before I was actually seen by the doctor, and he seemed cold and dismissive. I told him both my eyes were having issues, but because I had said the left one was tearing, he proceeded to turn my left eyelid inside out without much warning. He said I had "allergies" as a way of explanation when I've never been diagnosed with allergies and haven't been aware of any allergic reactions to anything specific. He seemed to roll his eyes when he was answering my question about what kind of sunglasses would help. Overall, I got the sense that he found me boring and tiresome, and not a patient worth spending any thought or time on. As someone with fibromyalgia, perhaps he saw that in the chart and thought I was some kind of whinger and complainer. Or maybe not being a LASIK patient explained the standoffish and cold treatment. Whatever the reason, I won't be back. One final shout out to the very perky woman in the eyeglasses section-you rock! Don't let your grumpy and sour coworkers get you down!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Beers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Oregon Health & Science University
Dr. Daniel J Beers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBeers Shahinian & Volpicelli MDs, 1174 Castro St Ste 100, Mountain View, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel J Beers in this video.
Dr. Daniel J Beers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mountain View, CA.