Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel W Berland has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 17
Very poor bedside manner and emotional intelligence. Discounts any other dr's diagnosis or radiologists conclusions despite the fact it is not within his realm of expertise. Doesn't focus on the needs of the patient as much as he does about his own "intelligence" and "experience" while lacking the degree for the area of specialty. narrows diagnoses to preconceived notions rather than taking into account the patients entire relevant medical history. He will cherry pick the medical record to uphold his objectives, eg discharge you quickly from U of M, support his preconceived impression of your diagnose. In short, it wouldn't matter what his skill sets were/are, they are super ended by his own agenda. I won't ever see this dr again, and I can't recommend him as a physician. Find another Doctor before seeing him, as it will and/or can cause serious repercussions to your medical treatment.
I normally don't write reviews like this, but then again I have never encountered a dr this pompous and rude. I was in the ER at UM waiting to be admitted for pneumonia after receiving treatment for it all day there. He came in and was a jerk. Said he thought the radiologist and all the Drs were wrong and I didn't have pneumonia. I have a lot of health issue and asked him to call my Rheumatologist at the hospital and he refused. Sent me home. Only for me to find out the next day I did indeed have it and Was very ill. Someone that worked in the ER told me he worked with him for years and he was always doing things like that. Telling the radiologists they were wrong. Etc. said he was a jerk. My Dr was very upset I was released because I shouldn't have. Of o ever see this man in the hospital again I will refuse his services.
38 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Daniel W Berland accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Michigan Health System, 1500 E Medical Center Dr, Ann Arbor, MI
Dr. Daniel W Berland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.