Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel S Biggerstaff
Dr. Daniel S Biggerstaff, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC. He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Biggerstaff is affiliated with Novant Health Medical Park Hospital and Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel S Biggerstaff has the following 2 specialties
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Dr B has been wonderful! I came to him sort of as a 2nd opinion & ended up switching to stay under his care. He has been able to suggest some other therapies (besides surgery) that were not offered to me before. He is very genuine, respectful, and kind. As a foot note, I agree with others who have reported his office staff (especially in Clemmons) as very rude. They take an unreasonable amount of time to check you in & out!
Dr. Biggerstaff is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Daniel S Biggerstaff accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 1
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthocarolina, 170 Kimel Park Dr, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel S Biggerstaff in this video.
Dr. Daniel S Biggerstaff is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.