Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel M Brener
Dr. Daniel M Brener, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Brener is affiliated with CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel M Brener has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Showing 5 of 23
Intuitive and superbly educated, Dr Brener is an excellent diagnostician and terrific therapist. By helping me find the courage to face painful events and feelings, and supporting me through the process - he has literally saved my life. My depression has lifted, and my prior strong drives toward suicide and self destruction are now a thing of my past. He is warm, thoughtful and invariably kind. Highly recommend this doctor if you are willing to face your own demons and stop projecting those demons onto those around you.
As a former patient of this psychiatrist who prides himself on his affiliation with Houston psychoanalysts, it is my opinion, Dr. Brener, affectionately called "Danny" by some of his patients, cautiously walked on the thin line of what is considered to be acceptable boundaries in the field of psychotherapy, and certainly in the field of psychoanalysis. It's a dangerous walk, and in my opinion,it is in the public's interests to seek referrals from well-established and respected psychiatrists before one takes the step of trusting another in such a sacred endeavor. I thought i had, but tragically there are those of us who will discover, quite painfully that she, and possibly he were not in trustworthy hands. I share this as i hope no other will be lead to endure the horrible confusion and pain that followed the abrupt and traumatic cessation of five years of what was referred to as being "psychoanalysis." Ironically, it was nothing close to psychotherapy, or compassionate care. All that has been stated is my opinion and my experience. Be wise, and before starting therapy please "google" articles on boundary violations in psychotherapy. Best of luck.
Dr. Brener is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
Mc Lean Hospital
Dr. Daniel M Brener accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRichard M Barrett Mdpa, 3730 Kirby Dr Ste 700, Houston, TX
Dr. Daniel M Brener is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.