Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel T Burlon has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Burlon is afraid to communicate with other offices and refuses to request preapproval for a pacemaker in my life threatening diagnosis. He tells me that I could die and/or have heart damage if I don't get this pacemaker but refuses to talk with my insurance company. He is my primary care physician and as such it is his responsibility to initiate the request to get preapproval for the device and surgery which he agrees is required. He repeatedly expressed concern and tells me that I desperately need to get the pacemaker, but seems afraid to do his job and request the device. He whines that he is not an expert and that he knows nothing about how this pacemaker works so therefore he will not contact the insurance company to simply confirm the device's need in order to save my life. For all he seems to care, and has said to me, it will have to be up to another doctor to save my life.
Dr. Burlon is the best! I made an appointment to see him following a very positive referral from a current patient and have not been disappointed. He is thorough, sincerely interested in resolving health issues and welcomes a challenge. Very pleasant bedside manner. Both my husband and I are very pleased with Dr. Burlon and have transferred our care to him and his staff exclusively.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
48 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Dr. Daniel T Burlon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestland Internal Medicine, 100 N Murray Hill Rd Unit C, Columbus, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel T Burlon in this video.
Dr. Daniel T Burlon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, OH.