Continuation of Feeling like I didnt Matter

This is a continuation of the previous entry.After finding a new GP that took the time to find out what was happening to my back and got me to a Spine Specialist and into therapy I am going to get better. The conclusion is that I have deep tissue (muscle)and tendon damage to the left of my L5-and ligament damage that connects my spine to my hip.This damage occurred from airbag deployment.The muscles and tendons were strained and torn because of the airbag,that incident also caused damage to the ligaments, which in turn caused severe inflammation and pain. I could not lay on my back,or side, could not walk without pain, couldn't sit, or stand for long periods.The pain was constant, and very painful in the a.m.This is an injury that doesn't get better on its own, but it can get much worse and cause permanent damage, and severe pain.

Feeling like I didnt matter

My situation began a year ago with some very severe pain in my left flank.I could get out of bed without crawling,couldn't cough or sneeze without pain.I thought it was my kidneys.I went to Primary Health who didn't do much but did refer me to Dr. Reed. I have seen him 4 times about this and his suggestion at first was fiber laxative therapy.Pain was getting worse.He told me me that testing to find out what was wrong would be expsensive,as I had no insurance.I kept trying to figure this out as the pain made my life a blurr.His last recommendation was a referral to a Rheumatologist for Fibromalgia(unknown muscle pain).The pain got so bad I went to the ER.They did X-rays.Degenerative Spinal disease L1-L5,compression of nerves and bone spurs.I had called Dr.Reeds office and told them about the visit and as of this last week they still had not requested records,so I called again.I have spent 13 years in the medical enviroment(surgery) and I have some excellent knowledge.I also called the doctors office I was referred to and asked them about what was found by the ER,they said they would be happy to see me and make another referral.I have limited funds as I am unemployed,unemployment ran out.I didn't like not being listened to,X-rays could have been ordered,I didn't like being considered a hypocondriac.I was not asking for pain killers,just wanted to find out why I was in so much pain.I was taking 2400mg of Ibuprofen per day to try to deal with the pain.

Mr

I am very pleased with the care Dr. Reed has provided to me over the past 5 years.

Dr. Daniel C Reed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Eagle, ID.