Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel J Cyran has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine & OMM
Dr. Daniel J Cyran has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Daniel J Cyran has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Daniel J Cyran is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
If it were possible to give negative stars to this physician, I would. I found him to be inattentive, and vitrually incompetent. He doesn't listen to a word you say and can't even take a simple blood pressure reading correctly (I'm a healthcare professional, so I would know!) I went to him with symptoms of an ear infection and after glancing in my ear for what seemed like a nano second, he recommended I see a specialist because he suspected it was trigeminal neuralgia! This despite having no facial discomfort whatsoever, or anything else that would support this diagnosis! Sadly, my parents also use this doctor and he completely misread my mother's blood test results. When she called in to get her cholesterol, triglyceride and blood pressure levels, she was quoted the exact same values as the year before. After she suggested that he double check the date because the values couldn't be exactly the same, his response was "Oh, you're right! Unbeliveable! Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this doctor. Save the twenty dollar copay for cabfare to a local medical college and have a student examine you. At least they might actually listen to your symptoms and care about making an accurate diagnosis.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2013, 2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Long Island College Hospital
Dr. Daniel J Cyran accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsProhealth Syosset Primary, 99 Cold Spring Rd Ste 3, Syosset, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel J Cyran in this video.
Dr. Daniel J Cyran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Syosset, NY.