Dr. Daniel Delgaizo Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Delgaizo?

My new knee.

Posted on November 20th, 2017

I couldn't be happier with my knee replacement experience. Dr. DelGaizo and his whole team are first rate.

Bad Outcome after THA

Posted on October 17th, 2017

Dr. Del Gaizo replaced my right hip in early 2015, using the posterior approach. 2+ years of postsurgical frustration and pain - no answers or explanations from Dr. Del Gaizo. I was left with significant leg length discrepancy, which resulted in multiple issues, most notably severe prolonged (2yrs) femur pain that kept me on crutches, but also a break-down of my lower back and balance due to the unnaturally pelvic tilt he created in me. His responses to my inquiries about this feel like medical gaslighting. He insists that the difference is perceived when it is obviously not, and has rejected to explore the option that it is not. Instead he continues to rely only on a supine pelvic xray and tells me everything looks wonderful when it is not. His tone about my leg length discrepancy was (is still) defensive and deflective. Another reviewer has also noted this attitude and how confusing and disappointing it is. It is my suspicion that Dr. Del Gaizo relied on a very limited set of 2-dimensional measurements, to plan the 3-dimensional component sizes and positioning. In the beginning, I was trusting and assumed that the supine xray alone gave him enough information, but it clearly did not. Many surgeons make use of other imaging as well, such as standing xrays and/or ct-scanograms, in order to get a better, more complete picture of the patient's biomechanics - because everyone's pelvis is different. Although the night-before-surgery-call you'll receive from him is surprising and endearing, the positive impression crumbled in year post-surgery. Please choose your surgeons carefully - make sure they measure you well, especially for posterior THA (looks like the limb length issue isn't nearly as pronounced with the anterior approach). The good: The incision was neat and I did not have any postoperative infections. I would also question your surgical candidate of his or her intra-operative approach to measuring and adjusting leg length - the most crucial parts of defining leg length take place during surgery and there are over a dozen ways of doing this, none of them standardized or part of the general standards of care for hip arthroplasty. If your surgeon relies on "templating" only, and if your skeletal mechanics are outside of the physical norms for a man or woman, you might end up screwed like me.

Posted on June 11th, 2016

I wish I went to him sooner. I had a knee scope by another ortho that didnt work. He then wanted to sign me up for a total knee. I saw Dr. D for another opinion. He did a partial knee that recovered quickly and has done great.

Posted on March 29th, 2016

Dr.Del Gaizo cares about you as a person he takes time to get to know you personally. I have had a total knee replacement. I have done great.

Don't even bother!

Posted on January 22nd, 2016

Rude, arrogant, unconcerned with your needs. I went over to Triangle Orthopedics and it was completely different.

Posted on January 7th, 2016

Takes time to understand the problem, provides detailed information and options to consider. Did a great job for me.

Posted on October 14th, 2017