Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel G Dichristina has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Dr Dichristina was incomplete in his diagnosis of my shoulder, he insisted I had only bone spurs, however I also had a S.L.A.P. Year to my rotator cuff. He was not timely in the follow up after the MRI, CAT scan, the calls were over 7 days after the tests were completed. Dr. Dichristina was also animate about doing open shoulder surgery, and when questioned why not arthroscopic he insisted it would not work, but with no clear explanation why open was the correct course. After looking in to the open surgery, I discovered that there is greater risk (of infection) more pain and a much longer recovery period ~6 months. I received a second opinion and had the bone spurs and the SLAP tear repaired/anchored and am now pain free.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dichristina is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1987
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Daniel G Dichristina accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic East Pc, 183 Intrepid Ln, Syracuse, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel G Dichristina in this video.
Dr. Daniel G Dichristina is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Syracuse, NY.