Dr. Daniel Doody Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Doody?

Posted on April 21st, 2015

Eighteen years ago, Dr. Doody performed surgery on my one week old son for an anular pancreas. Yesterday, I attended my son's induction into the academic honors society at U or M for aerospace engineering. What else needs to be said?

Nicest guy

Posted on November 19th, 2014

It's true what they say about Dr. Doody. Extremely friendly guy. Doesn't have a God complex like some surgeons do. Answered most of my questions in a timely manner and very professionally. Unfortunately I was unable to get the operation I wanted (the Nuss procedure) probably because the severity of my defect wasn't high enough for the correction but I'd say Dr. Doody is your best bet for a pediatric surgeon.

good doctor

Posted on August 15th, 2013

He is a good doctor and is very professional and he saved my life

Forever in debt to this great man!

Posted on January 2nd, 2011

Dr. Doody is THE best pediatric surgeon that exists! When my son was only 7 years old he was diagnosed with a massive abdominal tumor. The prospects were bleak. Marc is now 22 with not a trace of his ordeal. We are forever in debt to this wonderful man!

Posted on October 27th, 2009

Dr. Doody has saved my sons life on a number of occasions. I would not trust anyone else to operate on him. I thank the Lord for putting him in our lives.

Fantastic Experience

Posted on August 13th, 2009

Dr. Doody was fantastic from start to finish. Not only was he knowledgeable and professional, he was very accommodating about answering questions from my wife and I and rescheduling our son's operation several times. We never had any trouble getting him on the phone and he was always very forthcoming with information. His bedside manner was wonderful and he even changed our son's diaper on our first visit. We could not imagine having a better doctor to perform such a delicate surgery on our son (the results of which were top notch as well).As a side note, for parents and patients who use these sites. Please remember that the people most likely to post comments are those that are unhappy. For every negative comment you see online, there are probably hundreds of people who had a great experience with this, or any other, doctor. I normally wouldn't bother posting here, but since we found a negative post about Dr. Doody and had sch a positive experience I felt compelled to add our two cents here.

Stay Clear

Posted on December 26th, 2008

After being told Dr. Doody was the top Pediatrician at MGH he assured us not to worry about my 2 year old sons corrective surgery "Ive done thousands of these procedures", "please do not worry". Months later we were shocked to find out that he was not the best pediatric surgeon at MGH, he was the only Pediatric surgeon at MGH. He had probably performed only a handfull of these operations and was completely underqualified for the procedure. My wife and I were horrified with the results and were disgusted with the thought our son would be permanently disfigured. On our return visit we were shocked to here Dr. Doody tell us he never said not to worry "I would have never said that". My wife and I looked at each other in amazement that a doctor could lie right to our faces. He was not sure what the results might be if he were to try to correct his botched surgery. We were fortunate to find the actual best pediatric surgeon at Childrens Hospital. It took two additional surgeries to correct the mess he made with my poor son. Dr. Doody is an arogant butcher and should not be allowed to perform another surgery again on a helpless child. My son has now developed enormous phobia's to doctors dentist's etc... as a result of this experience.

Ultimate professional

Posted on August 14th, 2008

Dr. Doody instantly brought a calming, confident atmosphere to a stressful environment involving our newborn premature daughter. A quick diagnosis and resulting action with good followup and communication on next steps.

Posted on September 15th, 2017