Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Daniel R Drumm has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daniel R Drumm has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Daniel R Drumm has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 7
Dr. Drumm is very knowledgeable and delivers a comprehensive review of a patient's health and medical concerns. It is apparent he is concerned for the health and well being of his patients and never seems to be in a hurry. He is not only knowledgeable about general medical concern but is also aware of the latest treatments/medications available to treat various hard to treat conditions. He readily explains test results and other concerns a patient may have. He has a wealth of information and is willing to share with those in his care. A very special doctor....warm, friendly, kind, confident, consistent. I would highly recommend him.
We were lucky to have Dr. Drumm take care of me right after he finished his residency. At that time, we switched my husband and my father to him because of his patience, knowledge and great bedside manner. I'm a nurse and worked at Blodgett. I think a lot of his patients are nurses. That should tell you just how good he is. You might have to wait to see him but, he will spend the same amount of time with you. He never makes you feel rushed. He is the greatest physician I have ever met and I definitely recommend him.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Drumm is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Wayne State University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Daniel R Drumm accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGrand Valley Medical Specialists PLC, 1900 Wealthy St SE Ste 150, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Daniel R Drumm is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.