Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel T Engelman
Dr. Daniel T Engelman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery) and Vascular Surgery. Dr. Engelman has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel T Engelman has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery)
- Vascular Surgery
Vascular surgeons treat and manage disorders in your veins, arteries and your lymphatic system to ensure blood circulation in your heart and in brain is the best it can be. They're well-versed on how your vascular system works with the rest of your body and they can treat conditions that may cause blockages or buildup.
They can perform many of the same diagnostic testing as interventional radiologists can, such as angiography and MRIs. In addition to diagnosis, they provide critical care and treatment for aneurysms, artery blockages and trauma injuries that involve your veins. They can also help patients manage diabetes, blood pressure and cholesterol as well as treat artery disease. Treatment for more serious cases might include bypass surgery or surgery to remove plaque.
Dr. Daniel T Engelman has the following 8 expertise
- Varicose Veins
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Myocardial Infarction
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Vascular Malformations
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Diabetes Complications
Dr. Daniel T Engelman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Feel very fortunate to have had Dr. Engelman as the surgeon. Major heart surgery went without unusual difficulties, with a fast recovery and no complications. Bedside manner isn't the greatest but better than that of most surgeons and he made sure to spend quite a bit of time and to explain things. Besides most important to me was to have a top notch surgeon - which he definitely is.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBaystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA
Dr. Daniel T Engelman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.