Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel F Erler has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daniel F Erler has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Daniel F Erler has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 26
Overall disappointed. Never punctual with scheduled appointments. Examinations feel rushed. And a lot of questions go unanswered. This is probably why; the waiting room isn't busy, his schedule is always wide open, he accepts any and all insurance under the sun, and he is always looking to find new patients.
After experiencing a string of PCPs who didn't work out for various reasons I happened upon Dr. Erler. With many doctors you feel like they're rushed, your problems aren't very important to them, and the relationship between you and them is like the relationship between a pompous professor and a freshman. Not so with Dr. Erler. Dr. Erler provided all the time I needed to describe my concerns. He didn't interrupt, but did take the time to ask about my problems in detail. It appeared to me that his examination was thorough and his recommendations correct. Most surprisingly, when I asked him a question he didn't know the answer to he actually said he didn't know but would investigate and get back to me. The tenor of the interaction was just what I was looking for: that of two intelligent, concerned, and reasonable people working together to solve my problem. I couldn't ask for anything more.
This doctor is horrible, he refused to treat my back pain because he considered it "chronic" and doesn't treat chronic pain. I had back surgery six months ago and have been recently been having increased pain, I explained this to Dr. Erler and also that I have an appointment scheduled with a specialist, but it takes about a month to be seen at any of the places I called. He proceeded to tell me that he could refer me to a specialist, but could not treat me. If I needed immediate treatment for my pain I could go to the emergency room. Also, during his initial questions he asked me several times if I could be pregnant and to explain to him speciifcally how I knew I wasn't. He then asked me to change so he could examine me, why did he need to examine me if he couldn't treat me? I left the office literally in tears with two hours of my time wasted. This guy is horrible and shouldn't be licensed to practice medicine.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Erler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Daniel F Erler accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLahey Clinic Lexington, 16 Hayden Ave, Lexington, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel F Erler in this video.
Dr. Daniel F Erler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lexington, MA.