Dr. Daniel Erler Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Daniel Erler?

Disappointed

Posted on August 26th, 2017

Overall disappointed. Never punctual with scheduled appointments. Examinations feel rushed. And a lot of questions go unanswered. This is probably why; the waiting room isn't busy, his schedule is always wide open, he accepts any and all insurance under the sun, and he is always looking to find new patients.

All That I Want in a Doctor

Posted on September 6th, 2013

After experiencing a string of PCPs who didn't work out for various reasons I happened upon Dr. Erler. With many doctors you feel like they're rushed, your problems aren't very important to them, and the relationship between you and them is like the relationship between a pompous professor and a freshman. Not so with Dr. Erler. Dr. Erler provided all the time I needed to describe my concerns. He didn't interrupt, but did take the time to ask about my problems in detail. It appeared to me that his examination was thorough and his recommendations correct. Most surprisingly, when I asked him a question he didn't know the answer to he actually said he didn't know but would investigate and get back to me. The tenor of the interaction was just what I was looking for: that of two intelligent, concerned, and reasonable people working together to solve my problem. I couldn't ask for anything more.

One of the worst doctors I have seen

Posted on May 28th, 2013

This doctor is horrible, he refused to treat my back pain because he considered it "chronic" and doesn't treat chronic pain. I had back surgery six months ago and have been recently been having increased pain, I explained this to Dr. Erler and also that I have an appointment scheduled with a specialist, but it takes about a month to be seen at any of the places I called. He proceeded to tell me that he could refer me to a specialist, but could not treat me. If I needed immediate treatment for my pain I could go to the emergency room. Also, during his initial questions he asked me several times if I could be pregnant and to explain to him speciifcally how I knew I wasn't. He then asked me to change so he could examine me, why did he need to examine me if he couldn't treat me? I left the office literally in tears with two hours of my time wasted. This guy is horrible and shouldn't be licensed to practice medicine.

Very thorough and professional doctor

Posted on November 14th, 2012

Doctor Erler is very thorough and professional. Of all of the doctors I have visited over the years, he is easily the best. My wife and I followed Dr. Erler from the Brookline office to the Lexington office (much further drive) because he is the best.

knows his stuff. nice guy. listens patiently.

Posted on November 3rd, 2011

Posted on July 25th, 2011

I went into his office complaining about a problem with my foot, and GI troubles I'd been having. I was given an EKG by a nurse, and by the time Dr. Erler made his way into the office (11:15. Apt was at 10:45). He didn't even look at my foot or ask me any relevant questions. He was intimidating, he scared me (i was already nervous and told him that immediately and the reasons why). I began to tremble and he called an ambulance and got me out of there. Bedside manner is not a word to be used with this Dr. I was upfront and told him I had anxiety issues, and he spends 30 seconds with me and then I'm in an ambulance off to the ER. I Should have just gone to the ER in the first place since I will now be paying them. They gave me Ativan, my heart rate dropped, and they sent me on my way. For the Minute (tops) that the Doctor was in the room, all he kept asking was if I had chest pains (no), shortness of breath (no), over and over again convincing ME that he thought I was having a heart attack (I'm 32 yrs old). This did not help the panic attack I was clearly having. when the firemen arrived, Dr. Erler left. I waited with them while the real paramedics arrived and never saw or spoke to him again. Thank god for the qualified residents at the hospital who calmed me down, listened to me, and gave me solid advice.

Dr. Erler is very dedicated to patients care, and very professional.

Posted on June 15th, 2011

Dr. Erler has been my PCP for over 8 years, and he is one of my favorite doctor. He is very knowledgeable in his profession, and above all, a doctor has a great personality. I always felt comfortable and trustful under his medical cares.

Posted on June 1st, 2011

Dr. Erler has always seemed concerned about any issues I approach him with. He does a very thorough examination every time, reviews my history and asks about my past problems even if that is not the main reason for the visit. He refers me to a specialist whenver he would like someone else's opinion. I am overall very satisfied with his care and I have followed him to Lexington from Brookline.

Posted on September 20th, 2017