Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel F Phillips
Dr. Daniel F Phillips, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pensacola, FL. He has 51 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Phillips is affiliated with Baptist Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital On The Emerald Coast and Santa Rosa Medical Center. Dr. Phillips has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel F Phillips has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I have been seeing Dr. Phillips for about 30 years and I have allways been very pleased with the care he has given me. He will allways make sure someone sees you if he cannot see you himself.They allways return your phone calls the same day and make sure your medicine is working ok.I would allways give him a big 10 out of a 10 for the care he allways shows for his patients.He never rushes patients out he allways takes time to talk and hear all their aches and paines he totally shows concern for patients
Dr. Phillips is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Cleveland Clinic Health System
Dr. Daniel F Phillips accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWest Florida Hospital, 8383 N Davis Hwy, Pensacola, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel F Phillips in this video.
Dr. Daniel F Phillips is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pensacola, FL.