Daniel Cohen Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Daniel Cohen?

Good md

Posted on December 13th, 2017

Gave me name of specialist in nyc

Avoid! - Horrible background in Neurology

Posted on October 6th, 2015

I remember Dr. Cohen was the very first doctor I went to after having 2 seizures at 18 years old. At first, being so new to the diagnosis, I was looking for a general plan of action and comfort. Right out of the gate it was obvious that he was very arrogant, and dismissive. We got an MIR and no brain damage or possible cause for my seizures was found. After prescribing Keppra my seizures stopped but I experienced horrible side effects. I was then interested in finding a medication and a dose that would stop my seizures with minimal side effects. I was of course concerned about my seizures returning during this period of experimentation. Long story short; Dr. Cohen comforted my parents and I by explaining that there is no rush, and that we can take our time finding the right medication for me because "It really doesn't matter how many seizures I have, what is important is finding a medication you like". After having 5 additional Grand Mal seizures during this period, we ended up settling on Tegratol and life went on. After becoming interested in an overall solution (surgery, etc.) I went to see the leading Neurologist at NYIT. His reaction to Dr. Cohen's approach was astounding. He claimed that for my level of seizures that are very violent. For each one I had, or will have "It not only creates scar tissue on the brain but makes it more likely for your seizures to increase in frequency" (which they did). He immediately got me an MIR for his own team to analyze my status. They ended up finding a lesion on my front left temporal lobe. After comparing my MIR's in my past records it was obvious that I developed this scar from the seizures I had through my year of finding the proper medication. For this I would never recommend Dr. Cohen to anyone. If I could give zero stars I would. His approach was careless, sloppy and obviously uneducated. Someone with epilepsy or seizure disorder needs a doctor that can accurately inform them, guide them, and bring them reassurance. It is a very difficult journey. Forget about finding the right medication and focus on finding a doctor that is well educated and caring.

Posted on September 29th, 2015

Arrogant, dismissive. Terrible

Caring Doctor

Posted on March 13th, 2012

I have never met such a caring doctor even though I am a difficult patient.The office staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

He always responds

Posted on January 29th, 2012

Have known Dr/ Cohen over four years.He does everything possible to help me, and he does listen to what I say.If I ask for a callback from him, I receive one the same day, usually in a short time..He has a dry wit, and he knows how to make his patients comfortable.His staff is wonderful and caring as well.

Retraction

Posted on July 21st, 2010

I retract my previous statement that Dr. Cohen does not care about anyone over 80. Although he has no bedside manner, he is treating my husband well. His staff and his office is still very cold and uncaring, but, when I asked 2 visiting nurses, on separate occasions, what neurologist they would choose if they could have anybody, they both chose Cohen and said he is the best. I apologize for my previously scathing review of this doctor.

RUN DO NOT GO

Posted on June 9th, 2010

Cohen is an arrogant, cold, uncaring, unhuman being. Do not ask him a question he gets mad and tells you he does not know great answer from a dr would not send my dog to him never again i wont rather go aroung in pain then go to him again not if he was the last doctor on earth !!!!!

If you are over 65, don't go to see this doctor

Posted on April 23rd, 2010

No bedside manner at all. The office staff is rude and actually keeps a 2 way mirrored window closed so you can't see them. Horrible atmosphere, Dr. Cohen is an arrogant, cold, uncaring, unhuman being.

Avoid this doctor if you are over 65

Posted on April 5th, 2010

My husband has been a patient of Dr. Cohen's for 2 years. We find him to be very arrogant and uncaring. He seems to resent being questioned about medications he's prescribed or diagnoses he's made as though we are not intelligent enough to question his judgement. He spends very little time with my husband and does not address our questions or concerns that we bring to him. Again, he reacts as though we are beneath him. My feeling is that he feels as though my husband is not worth his time or effort. The waiting room is very unwelcoming. The staff unfriendly. The receptionist window, a 2 way mirror, beside which is a strong warning not to open, is very unfriendly and it takes a while before someone actually opens it to address you. As said before, If you are over 65, do not go to this doctor. I am now looking for one that actually seems to care.

Posted on April 20th, 2017