Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel Haimowitz has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Dementia Testing
- Alzheimer's Disease
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I am writing this NOT as a Health Care Provider, but as a family member. Dr. Haimowitz cared for my mom and dad in an assisted living facilty. He also was my mother's physician as she was tranfered to St.Mary's for treatment. I was thoroughly impressed with him and his care! He actually called me before initially seeing my parents to gather some information and also to make sure we were"on the same page". Both of my parents liked his bedside manner. He took the time to talk with both of them. He followed up with me on a routine basis [unheard of now-a -day] to keep me updated on their care. He is pleasant, and I respect his medical opinion! I can, without hesitation, highly recommend Dr. Haimowitz as a geriatric physician!!
I am no longer in any way affiliated with Dr Haimowitz but have been closely familiar with his practice in the past. I have no reservations in entrusting my family members to his excellent care. He is extremely bright, academically well prepared, and practices very appropriately. He is a double boarded specialist in Internal Medicine and Geriatric medicine and is a prestigious Fellow of the American College of Physicians. He is extremely caring and goes the extra step for his patients.
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Daniel Haimowitz accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHaimowitz & Scannapieco Mds, 1 Gardenia Rd, Levittown, PA
Dr. Daniel Haimowitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Levittown, PA.