Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel J Hammond Jr has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Horrible bedside manner, a pediatrician should at least act like he likes kids instead of just doing a job. He did a very painful, unnecessary procedure on my 4 yr old and said "Oh yeah, it hurts." Then he proceeded to give me directions while she was still screaming and my toddler was upset from his sister screaming. (I saw a second dr at a different practice that reversed the procedure he did and gave my daughter some relief.) No one at this office was very kind or friendly. There is also nothing in the office to indicate it is for children, such as toys, books, etc.
I had to make an appt. with Dr. Hammond due to my doctor, who is wonderful, being out of town. I have heard horror stories about Dr. Hammond, but got to witness his personality firsthand. I cannot believe Dr. Hammond is in practice. Due to my decision of the MMR shot to be given at 2.5 Dr. Hammond literally lost his temper, walked out on my child who had a 102 temperature and throwing up and told me I was not allowed in his office ever again. Yes, I said Dr. Hammond, who is a so called professional WALKED OUT on me and my sick child. It was agreed by the regular doctor that my precious little girl who was treated horribly by Dr. Hammond, would receive the MMR shot by 2.5. If there is any code of ethics or laws against the way patients are treated I want to know! He needs to be reported.
Regional Medical Center
Dr. Daniel J Hammond Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsShoals Pediatric Group, 208 Ana Dr, Florence, AL
Dr. Daniel J Hammond Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, AL.