Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Daniel J Rudolph
Dr. Daniel J Rudolph, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Trumbull, CT. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Rudolph is affiliated with Bridgeport Hospital. Dr. Rudolph has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Daniel J Rudolph has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Lung Cancer
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Rudolph was very nice to talk to. Unfortunately, after all the in-office testing and a CAT scan, he told me my problem was due to my chronic bronchitis (I do not have bronchitis or chronic bronchitis; we never discussed bronchitis in my office visits). IF you have sleep apnea, chronic bronchitis, asthma, or a "standard" lung issue, Dr. Rudolph is your man. Dr. Rudolph kept mispronouncing the name of my autoimmune disease and was not interested in the symptoms of the disease; hard to get an accurate diagnosis if the doctor doesn't want to be bothered with new knowledge.
It's extremely hard to see a doctor at this office. They always refer a patient to see a physician's assistant (PA) instead. The visit is very short and business-like. They don't answer the phone at 8:30 sharp when the office opens and are always late to answer the phone after lunch time. I don't recommend him or the practice at all.
I was a longtime patient of Trumbull pulmonologists. After some wrangling, I got a 3:30 appointment. It was well after 5:15 when someone finally saw me. Dr. Rudolph spent a total of five minutes with me, most of it with his back turned to be. He asked me where the infection was (um, you are the doctor, and you do have all sorts of ways of figuring that out don't you? Isn't that what I am paying for and waiting nearly two hours to do--get your help? ) When I said I wasn't sure, he just typed in a prescription for a "strong antibiotic," saying (with his back turned to me) "Take them." Gee, thanks, I wasn't sure what I would have done otherwise. So after arrogant, dismissive, negligent care, I was misdiagnosed and now have to find a new doctor.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Rudolph is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center
Dr. Daniel J Rudolph accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPulmonary And Internal Medicine, 15 Corporate Dr Ste B-6, Trumbull, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Daniel J Rudolph in this video.
Dr. Daniel J Rudolph is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Trumbull, CT.