Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Daniel K Short has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Daniel K Short has the following 14 expertise
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Pituitary Diseases
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes, Type 2
Dr. Daniel K Short is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I am deeply disappointed in this physician's lack of insight, empathy, and compassion. I had a rapidly growing thyroid which was causing compression to my esophagus and trachea. I reported a feeling of choking and pressure, relaying my inability to lay supine or on my left side. He stated that it was most likely due to smoking, I completed a swallow study which definitively showed that my swallow was deviated from an outside mass at the level of my thyroid, thereby showing and proving that the sensations I was experiencing were legitimate claims. He never did address the swallow study. I didn't hear anything from him about it. In the meantime, I had 2 thyroid nodule biopsies in three months which were benign. This was good news, but the compressing sensations continued to worsen. I had another ultrasound at 6 months, which showed that two of the three nodules had doubled in size. He had his nurse call me to get me in for ANOTHER biopsy because he was "concerned with the rapid growth." I refused another biopsy and requested an appointment to seek treatment interventions. The nurse set up the appointment for THREE MONTHS later, stating, "Well, he's not THAT concerned." So he thought it warranted a biopsy, which meant he was worried it may have turned cancerous, but he didn't consider my case important enough to talk with me within a reasonable amount of time. No thank you. I have since gotten a second opinion and am already scheduled to have my thyroid removed because the nodule is growing sub-sternally. I am horrified at the lack of approach, knowledge, and ethics this physician exhibited.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
19 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Daniel K Short accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Gundersen Health Plan
- Gundersen Health Plan Select Network
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Unity Health Insurance
- Unity Health Ins Unity Network
- WPS Group
Locations & DirectionsGunderson Health System, 1836 South Ave, La Crosse, WI
Dr. Daniel K Short is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Crosse, WI.